Given vaccine Tetanos and pneumo. Developed bruising on arm also taking Aggrenox to prevent stroke. Advise?

I was given 2 vaccines a few days ago, Tetanos and Pneumo...I have since then developed severe bruising on that arm. I am also taking Aggrenox to prevent another stroke. The bruising covers most of the outside of my upper arm. Is there any cause for worry?

Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

Aggrenox is an antiplatelet agent with a combination of(Dipyridamole + Aspirin).
This prevents the blood from clotting.

The development of bruise at the site of vaccination may be due to aggrenox.

If the bruise is not subsiding and increases in size then you should consult your doctor to discontinue aggrenox for a brief period of time under medical supervision.

Hope this answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.