Given Metronidazole for Trichomonaisis treatment. Having IBS. What alternative medicine be advised?

Sep 2013

I was diagnosed with Trichomonaisis and given the treatment of 4 tablets of Metronidazole to take. One tablet makes me very ill and I suffer from IBS as well. Can i take anything else for this STD?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Treatment for trichonomiasis . Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX, Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. Instead of metronidazole you can take a single dose of TINIDAZOLE 2 g orally ( by mouth) after meal . You may feel mild nausea after 1-2 hours . Plenty of juice sip by sip will ease nausea (if occurs). Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will help in follow up.Good luck. Dr. HET
Follow-up: Given Metronidazole for Trichomonaisis treatment. Having IBS. What alternative medicine be advised? 20 hours later
Thank you very much for your response but I do have another question. My doctor, yesterday, called in a prescription for me for tinidazole instead of giving me the metronidazole. But again she gave 4 tablets to take and each tablet is 500mg. I noticed you said I could take 2 g of the tinidazole. Should I take back my prescription to the pharmacy or could you tell me how much is 2 g? Can I use the prescription she gave me?
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Tinidazole . Detailed Answer: Hello,XXXXX. Yes you can take (tinidazole) 500 X 4 stat after meal .Also take some antacid ( OTC ) 2-3 days for nausea . In my opinion need no to go back.Good luck for you. Dr. HET.