Getting shot for low testosterone. Having loss of erection during intercourse. What can I do?

hi; my name is XXXXXX; I am a DVM, PHD (Neuroscience), MA in pathology, MS pharmacology, BA, BS, EMT-B, EMT-Paramedic, CCRN, soon to be flight medic (loong story about all this! lol!)

anyway, I've had low testosterone since 2006; I am currently getting a shot every 2 weeks, IM, levels are rising from low of 99 ng/dl to 300-500 range; all is good EXCEPT I have new fiance and previous one, 2006, died in car crash, so I had 6 years of celibacy and during this time my levels dropped, now I have adequate erections but diminished turgor and - new to me (honest) - spontaneous loss of erection during intercourse. Besides the "time" until the testosterone levels remain acceptable, what can I do to 1)increase hardness and 2) stop going shrivel up?
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Apart from regular testosterone replacement, increasing the duration of foreplay can help.
Diet need to be XXXXXX in dry fruits like dates etc.
Any misunderstanding or controversies with your fiancé need to be avoided.
Early dinner, half the usual quantity of dinner would help to supply enough blood to the sex organs during arousal.
Also a short course of erection enhancing drugs of the VIAGRA or its derivatives WOULD HELP YOU GET BACK THE CONFIDENCE.
If these things do not help, a session of counseling would a lot of good.
Hope I answered your queries.
Kindly get back for doubts if any,
DR GS