Getting sharp pain in the lower side of stomach. Has gall stones and thyroid problem. Takes levothyroxine. Help?

My mom is 44 years old...since yesterday..she is getting sharp pains on the lowest left side of her stomach....she says it comes suddenly..what can this be? She has gallstones and a thyroid problem....she takes levothyroxine..thxx for ur help! :)
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
take tablet drotaverine

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).
I appreciate your concern regarding pain of your mother. Lowest left side pain which come suddenly seems to be intestinal colic or uretric colic. For this She is advised to get an Ultrasound abdomen and urine examination. Among the medication She should take antispasmodic agent like drotaverine. I hope there is no problem in bowel movements as you haven't mentioned

I hope I have answered your query and this will help your mother. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch.