Getting sharp constant pain in LUQ radiating to shoulder. Easy way to get cure?

Jan 2013

Sharp constant pain in LUQ radiating to shoulder. Worse with breathing and palpation.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 37 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ gargling sound in abdomen/ abdominal bloating after taking meals/ blood in stools?
Are you suffering from spasmodic abdominal pain/ constipation/ diarrhea?
Do you have fever/ difficulty in breathing/ cough with sputum production?
Do you have past history of any injury?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of left lower chest pneumonia with pleuritis/ pancreatitis/ upper gastrointestinal tract pathology.
Presence of upper abdominal pain, worsening with respiration suggests the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, serum amylase and lipase, blood sugar, x XXXXXXX abdomen and chest, renal function and serum electrolytes.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan abdomen and endoscopy for better clarification.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should take analgesic along with muscle relaxants, proton pump inhibitors along with antacids.
Requirement of antibiotics will be decided by your supportive symptoms and chest x XXXXXXX finding.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Getting sharp constant pain in LUQ radiating to shoulder. Easy way to get cure? 7 hours later
No belching, bloating, or other pain in the abdomen. I am not coughing or producing sputum, and no injury. It's been nearly 2 days with this pain. I do have diarrhea, but I associated that with the metformin because that's regular for me.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
In my personal opinion, you should go for endoscopy and colonoscopy as you are getting diarrhea.
You should also take antispasmodics along with probiotics.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava