Getting severe pain in back when sexually excited. What could be the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 50 year old woman and i am getting severe pain in my back when i am sexually excited, but not actually performing the act. i do have back pain problem, but i get shooting pain in my back, when i am excited. why so? and what is the remedy? Pl. advise
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 18 minutes later

I have read your question with diligence. Will you please answer some questions so that I can help you address the problem better:
- Since when are you suffering from this problem?
- Do you have discharge from vagina?
- Do you have fever?

Please reply...

Follow-up: Getting severe pain in back when sexually excited. What could be the cause? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor. I am suffering from this problem for the last 8-10 months and , yes i do had discharge from vagina and for sometime i suffered from itching and burning feeling also. i could not participate in the sex for a very long time as it was very painful. But now it is ok. No discharge also. But experiencing severe back pain especially in the morning hours, immediately after i woke up. and the shooting pain when i get excited. Sometimes the pain goes up to inside my head, and for few minutes i cannot be normal. But all this when i am excited only and not when i actually had sex. No I don't have fever Pl. help
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through all details you have provided. The symptoms you reported are not suggestive any serious back problems. Your symptoms mimics with presentation of DYSPAREUNIA - a condition where there is pain before or during intercourse. Your problem is related with pain in back during excitement. I feel that you should get yourself examined by a gynecologist.

During sexual arousal there is increase in blood flow in organs within our lower abdomen. With increase of blood flow there is congestion in these organs. This is painful when there is other infection or there is other condition which is known as endometriosis.

I think similar kind of situation would be responsible for your ache.

You would need consult your gynecologist and plan for some investigations like ultrasound scan of whole abdomen, CT / MRI scan of the abdomen. If it comes positive then you may get relief with hormone preparations.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

With regards.