Getting severe cramps during period. Easy way to get cure?

My daughter is 24yrs old and has always had major cramping with her period, her bowels will just let loose during that time also. But the last 2 months she has passed out at work, she had eaten both times. Can you help me, help her? Scary for a mom! I had a complete hysterictomy when I was 24yrs old. Adhesions and poly cyctic ovaries. If that helps.. And she has never been pregnant.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Symptoms of major cramps during periods suggests severe dysmenorrhea.
Diarrhea during periods suggests PMDD- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder which is a severe form of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome).
This is seen in 2-4% of women in reproductive life.

I recommend you to get an ultrasonography done to rule out secondary causes of severe dysmenorrhea.

Treatment of her dysmenorrhea includes:
1. NSAID's for symptomatic relief.
2. Cyclical progesterone therapy.
3. Calcium supplementation.

Hope i have answered all your queries.
You could ask me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer