Getting pressure in brain, have distended stomach. Tested clear for tumor. Family history of ovarian cancer

May 2013
hi, i have had pressure in my brain and distended stomach after a lumber puncture high csf reading of 24 after mri of pituarity etc was told its clear of tumour,then tests for cushing -clear but hormones levels especially fsh really high i've had pcos for app 15 yrs,doesn't feel normal in lower stomach area i still have periods etc and have always felt ovulation.i've now been referred to gyn as the doctor at the hospital can't figure out whats going on,worried as have ovarian cancer in family .i'm 38 no children, period blood black and dark red.have heard you won't prob have o c with high fsh,and also heard i may as has hardly any symptoms show and thats not always the case,any advice you could give would be appreciated?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
According to your description there is possibility of anovulatory cycles in your case.
This can occur in case of PCOS.
In anovulatory cycles there will be raised FSH. You may get regular periods but there may not be ovulation.
You didn't mention how you felt your ovulation. Unless you checked it by follicular study or by ovulation kit, we cannot confirm the ovulation.
The dark red blood you are getting during periods could be collected blood in uterus, that is normal finding, no need to worry.
The discomfort you are experiencing in the lower abdomen could be due to PCOS.
You once go for ultrasound to find out the present status of the PCOS and to rule out any other abnormalities.
If the cysts are still persisting, you can go for diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy for ovarian drilling with your doctor's advice.
By this PCOS can be cured and FSH levels will come down.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.