Getting pins and needles in back and breast area. Why am I feeling this?

i have got pins and needles in my back and my breast area on the left,I have had this since monday with the additional pain that feels like im being stabbed in the breast with lots of needles, which is so painful its stops me in my tracks . This pain also feels like electic shocks.
I feel like Ive found the problem.Its coming from the nerves in my left breast which when I touch the nerves move up and down ??
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 11 minutes later

The pain that you have described seems to be arising from the nerve roots on the left side in the spine. Such pain can be seen at the start of infection like herpes zoster (shingles) before the actual vesicles appear.

Apart from that sometimes nerve involvement in other diseases can cause such problems like in diabetes. You will need to undergo evaluation by a neurologist who may like to get an MRI of the thoracic spine apart from some other tests. There are medications to relieve such pain which he will prescribe, but cause needs to be determined first.

If you have more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.