Getting pimples on scalp. Itchy and having dry skin flakes. Suggest the medication and diet?

I get pimples/ small boils on my scalp that dries up after a few days but can be itchy and lead to dry skin flakes. I think it also damages my hair. Can you please advise if the medication and diet to address this ?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like you have Seborrheic Folliculitis.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for positing your query.

I understood your problem & seems that most probably you are suffering from Seborrheic dermatitis & seborrheic folliculitis .We often see such cases in our OPD.

In such cases we often prescribe a good medicated shampoo like SCALPE shampoo twice a week.Additionally I prefer giving some antibiotics like Minocyclin tablet to be taken daily.This can also be combined with anti fungal tablet like fluconazole weekly once.At night you can apply clobetasole propionate lotion on scalp.

Since few of these medicines are prescription based medicines ,I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get these drugs prescribed after consultation.

There is no specific diet which can help you in this ,but try avoid using any hair oil on scalp.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.