Getting painful vaginal discharge and feeling uncomfortable. Not cured by medicine. What to do?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have mucous coming from my ureter and vagina; I am on my second round of antibotics, and not getting a relief at all. I am in an extreme amount of pain. Can you be of any help to me at all? I am 69 yrs. of age and post spinal surgery x3. Thank you in advance for responding. I am also having a tremendous amount of spasms, and I am very uncomfortable. I was on Cipro for 10 days and still did not get any relief; taking a second antibiotic now x3 days. Nothing seems to help, and I am beginning to get a little concerned.
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Are you having Diabetes? In that case you will need to control your blood sugar level to the maximum extent.

You should consult your gynecologist and do a culture and sensitivity test from the urethral and vaginal discharge.The treatment can be decided according to the result. Moreover, an ultra sound examination of abdomen and pelvis will rule out any other pathology concerned with uterus and urinary system.

If it is sterile on culture and no abnormal pathology in USG, then your symptoms of cramps and pain should disappear soon. You can even ignore the mucoid discharge and it may get settled spontaneously.

Your gynecologist will guide in these regards.

Get well soon.

Dr S.Murugan