Getting pain between chest bones and hurting while breathing. Suggest some medication

Radiologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

I am getting pain in between my chest bones, I am sitting for sometime and just stood after a while and got pain.
its hurting while breathing and not able to bend my body, please suggest what prescription i should take
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
As such, it looks like you have a muscle spasm. However, in order to be sure, please answer the following questions so that I can guide you better:
a. What is the exact location of the pain?
b. What kind of pain is it? Pricking, cutting, tearing etc.
c. How bad is it?
d. Do you have any history of high blood pressure or diabetes?
e. Any fever, cough?
f. What makes the pain increase?

As of now, you can apply diclofenac gel on the area which is hurting. Also, do warm compresses.
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Getting pain between chest bones and hurting while breathing. Suggest some medication 8 hours later
Hi Doc,

thanks a lot for your response.
A: exact location is like, in between the chest bone exact middle of the chest.

A: something like tearing.

c. How bad is it?
A:brings on a shortness of breath because it doesn't enable me to expand ribs which helps breath better when inhaling and exhalingd.

A: No
e. Any fever, cough?
A: yeah a month ago got fever and sever cough

f. What makes the pain increase?
A: breathing, bending, moving my chest right side and left side.

previouly its occured only once gone in a moment, this time its heavy couldnt breath.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 7 hours later

Welcome back XXXXXXX

Tearing type of pain is seen in many conditions as muscle injury, aortic dissection, and hairline rib fractures.

It will be better for you to consult a board certified physician and do basic investigations as chest x-ray and ECG.

Do not be panic, as we just want to rule out the possibility of any severe problem, as your complaints are quite different from muscular spasm.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanking you.