Getting hard stool with blood. Due to spicy food or something else?

Question
due to hard stool or having spicy food I am surfing from blood flow in my stool(bright red) it use to happen in past also..it started almost 4 yr ago....i find out it bcz of hard stool but m also confused with spicy food or non veg food also......
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I think you should consult general surgeon and get your self examined.

The commonest possibility in your case is either fissure (cut in skin of intestine in that area) or piles.

When you had change in your stool consistency you can have bleeding. You can notice it because the quantity is large. It is possible you might be having minor blood loss which is not noticeable.

Please consult a surgeon get your self examined and treated for it.

In mean time:
Avoid spicy food
Avoid constipation
Take plenty of fluids
More of salads and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
Do not take analgesics on your own.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Getting hard stool with blood. Due to spicy food or something else? 9 hours later
hi dr,

i dont think its piles..bcz today morning i was sufring with it..and now in eve i m having stomach disorders, who should i consult?,or acord to u where is exact prob,is their any possibilty that it can hpn bcz of having warm food,i had litle bit more non veg dry fruits and cofi ....one thing i also to let u know that .havng lactose intolerance..

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

As advised earlier please consult a surgeon.

Bright red blood in stool,indicates possible source in lower part.The blood coming from problems high above imparts black color to stool.

Warm food can not lead to this problem.

Any spicy food, irregular food habits can aggravate the situation.

Please consult a general surgeon,get your self examined and treated for this.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Getting hard stool with blood. Due to spicy food or something else? 10 hours later
hi Dr

thanx for ur advice,i will consult a general surgeon, according to u how many type of teatemet available for this ,should i hav to go for surgery,plzz giv ur ans as u think plz dont leave all upon surgeon and examin...i think this was my last qus ..hav a nice evening..by

Hi

The treatment depends upon the diagnosis.

In case of fissure in ano:the treatment depends upon on severity.Mild cases do not require surgery,medicines and diet changes help.

Piles:may or may not need surgery.Again this depends upon the degree of piles.

Please trust the doctor whom you are visiting.You can discuss options with him as per need and he will surely explain pros and cons of treatment.

Regards.

Dr.Pragnesh