History of crohns disease, urinal tuberculosis. Suggested steroid predimet. Are steroids safe?

I was diagnoised with Crohns disease in 1998. I took Measacol tablets for 2 years ,But discontinued medicines since there was no improvement. After that in the year 2000 I was diagonised by an urologist for having Urinal Tubercolosis for which I took medicines for 18 months.During that treatment My symtoms was normal. Later I tried homeopathy , ayurveda and siddha . In 2004 my second child was born and thereafter I did not taken any medicine for almost 7 years. From Jan 2012 I have been taken Rowasa 1 gm along with Rabium 20 Fifol . This colonoscopy was done on 26 oct 2012.Right Now the Doctor says that I have to start Steriod predimet along with Azoran. I would like to know wether Predimet wil have any side effects and wether treatment with non steriodial medicnes can control my disease. Also I would like to Know about Infliximab injections effect on active Crohns patients. Please give your valuable advice Beena Colonoscopy report scope passed up to terminal ileum.Ileal mucosa normal. Ileocecal valve appears open /regilar with small ulcerations.caecum appears normal. Ascending colon shows apthous ulcer+. transverse colon ,descending and sigmoid colon appears normal. Distal sigmoid colon and proximal rectum showed stricture with luminal narrowing. Linear ulcers seen in this area. Mucosa is edamatous and nodular.One polyploid lesion seen in this region. Rectum appears normal.Anal canal shows fissure in ano. Anal skin tags seen.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012