Getting burning sensation in veins on hand. MRI showed clear. What to do?

I am 33 female and have just started getting burning sensations going down my veins on the front of my rhs hand? What is it? It happens on and off. 6 months ago I had a MRI on the whole body to check for ms. Nothing showed up, I still get aches n pains down legs and chest pains here and there. Now I'm experiencing a hot sensation on the front of my hand it feels like it's on the veins but it's deceiving??
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 52 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are probably suggestive of a neuropathy ( a problem with the nerves) which could arise due to a variety of reasons. We could also be looking at simply anxiety which definitely needs to be ruled out.
In order for me to help you better, please answer the following questions:
a. Have any investigations apart from the MRI been done for you?If yes, I'd like to know which ones and what were the results?
b. Do you consume alcohol? If yes, how much and for how long have you been taking it?
c. Are you currently taking any medication?
d. Are you a vegetarian?
e. Do you feel stressed or anxious a lot of time? Do you find yourself unable to sleep or relax?
f. Have you been screened for diabetes?

Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Getting burning sensation in veins on hand. MRI showed clear. What to do? 2 days later
Hello to answer your questions.....
No I am not a vegetarian
No I do not consume alcohol
I do not take medication except daily vitamins
My doctor did a prick test for diabetes and said no I don't have it.
A few months ago I got an ultrasound on my leg as I was getting pains on/off on my legs so they checked for blockages but nothing.
I have 4 children, not too stressed but on/off I suppose.
The warm sensation is now on the side of my rhs hand near my pinky, it's on and off all day.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 7 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
If you have been eating well and have been generally healthy, I dont see any reason why you should be having these symptoms. You have no risk factors for neuropathies ( problems in the nerves). We can definitely rule this out by doing a proper exam to rule out any nerve involvement.
The likely reason seems to be anxiety which can manifest itself in a variety of ways. If the symptoms are less when you are happy and occupied, the possibility of this being anxiety becomes stronger. Yoga and XXXXXXX breathing in that case should make your symptoms better.
Please see a physician for an exam. If there is no nerve problem, then we can know exactly what to address.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.