Getting blood drops from nose after eating spicy food. What is the cause?

ENT Specialist
hi,my husband age is 33 years old now days he is geeting frequent blood drops from his nose whenever he eat non veg or spicy thing or if we put ginger in or lahsoon while cooking ,please suggest
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Nasal prick bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query. It suggests that your husband may be suffering from the nasal prick bleeding because these irritant food cause itching in the nose. For this he may take---> 1. Liquid Paraffin nasal drop 5 times a day. 2. Avoid nasal pricking, forced nasal douche and forced nasal movements. But to reach the near diagnosis and better management, your husband may go for---> 1. Nasal examination and Nasal endoscopy. 2. CT scan PNS and nasopharynx . 3. Bleeding and clotting profile- BT, CT, PT and platelet count. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.