Get constant headaches and feel hot spots. Taking Vitamin D. Underlying cause?

Nov 2013

I get constant headaches on top my head when I touch it I feel hot spots on it at other times I feel like someone has been hitting the top of my head with a belt the only thing that seems to help is taking lots of vitamin d and putting gallon ziplock bag of ice on it any suggestions? Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be migraine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

The description of your headache sounds most like that of migraine, where throbbing or pounding sensations in the head are commonly described.
There is no possibility of a pinched nerve causing these symptoms.
If you want to be 100% sure, an MRI of brain can be done to exclude any other disease, such as ischemia (lack of blood flow to brain), aneurysms or other blood vessel abnormalities, infection, tumor, etc; however, the risk of finding any of these is less than 20% in your case.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,