Gave birth by c-section. Have back pain and in breast rib cage. Any reason?

Hi.... My name is XXXXXXX and I recently had a baby 3 Weeks ago via c-section and 3 days ago I started experienci ng some sever upper back pain and pain just under my breast bone between my ribcage can you please help me
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
I would be happy to help you with your question.

You are a 33 year old 3 weeks out from a C/S with "flank pain" and "chest pain". Given your recent pregnancy and major surgery, this should not be ignored. The possibilities might include:

1. Pneumonia
2. A blood clot to your lungs (called a pulmonary embolus)
3. A kidney stone or kidney infection
4. Reflux disease
5. Heart disease

This needs to be addressed with your OB/GYN immediately. You need to call them and see if they would like you seen urgently. If they tend to "blow you off", then ask them: "do you think this could be a blood clot that went to my lungs?".

Get help and good luck!