GCT ovarian cancer survivor with clean inhibition B test but now the B level has rise. Suggest?

I am a GCT ovarian cancer survier of almost 4 years with clean Inhibin B test since then, until my most recent one. It went to 48, dr wants to retest in 4 weeks and say not to worry yet! Is there any other reason the B level would rise other than a reoccurence?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later

Reccurrence in case of GCT is not very common and if it occurs it occurs very late i.e. after 10-15 years. That's why long term and close follow up is required.

Inhibin B levels rise upto 60 times the referrence range in granulosa cell tumor.Its level rapidly decreases after surgery. Any rise in its level is indicative of reccurrence or progression of disease.

As your levels are not too high, the doctor may need to see the rise in levels after some time to decide for reccurrence.

In my opinion, raised levels are only due to some recurrence and not because of any other cause.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: