Frozen egg transfer done. Preggnancy test showed negative. Missing periods. Could I be pregnant?

I had frozen egg transfer done on the 5th July, I did a pregnancy test on Sunday which would have been 10days but it was negative. My period should have come on Saturday14th but has still not come. could i be pregnat??
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 minutes later

It has been exactly 14 days since you have had the frozen egg transfer. I am sorry but it is too early to comment anything about your pregnancy.

Firstly, the frozen egg transfer must be successful i.e. the uterine conditions should be favorable enough for the implantation to occur; the blastocyst should be viable within the uterus. The success rates of these events are very difficult to predict. Only time can tell us the results.

If your egg transfer has been successful, then your serum beta HCG levels will start increasing gradually. Even to detect this, a minimum of 2 weeks is required.

Therefore, my suggestion to you is to wait for until next 7 to 10 days. Things will be clear by then.

Please do not be in haste but wait patiently. All will turn out good.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

My best wishes to you.