Frequently getting epilepsy, under medication. Want permanent treatment?

actually i have been a frequent patient of epilipcy ,i have been undre medication for last 10 years i dont want any further medication,does it has any cure by surgery or something because its not possible for whole life to depend on tablet.plz replay stright forward ..its a request
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No cure for epilepsy

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Neurology, working with an experienced Neurologist. I answer on his behalf.

I am sorry to say that there is no cure for epilepsy as it occurs due to electrical disturbance in the brain.

Sometimes certain conditions like tumor, structural defects etc can lead to electrical disturbance. In that case removing the tumor or such defect may reduce the frequency of seizures.

Hope, I answered your query.