Frequent menstruation with heavy bleeding. Medication?

I have a medical problem I need an answer to very soon.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Please do write your query here .I shall try to help you as soon as possible.

Waiting for your query.
Follow-up: Frequent menstruation with heavy bleeding. Medication? 13 hours later
I have had my period three times this month. Something isn't right.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

Kindly provide me a detailed description of your problem so that I can understand the problem completely and opine better.

Was the bleeding heavy or was it spotting ?
Is this the first time this is happening ?
Do you see any other discharge per vagina ?
Do you get pain abdomen along with bleeding ?
Kindly provide me the dates of your last menstrual period and the bleeding episodes you had this month.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: Frequent menstruation with heavy bleeding. Medication? 16 minutes later
This is the third heavy period this month. My stomach hurts from it. Yes, this is the first time this has happened. April 1st first period. April 20th second period. April 28th third period. They have all been really heavy.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for the information.

Based on the timing of the bleeding I would consider this problem is due to hormonal imbalance.This will not be XXXXXXX unless conditions like Fibroids and tumours which present this way have been ruled out.

I recommend you to get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis to look for the fibroids or tumours in the genital organs which sometimes present with inter-menstrual bleed. Most of times they present with long term inter-menstrual bleed rather than a sudden occurrence.Hence, I consider them a least priority but still have to be ruled out.

Also do consult a gynaecologist with the scan report to confirm the fact that its due to hormonal imbalance.There would be no need for any medication now except for pain with antispasmodics.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.