Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent and excessive urination, no burning sensation, no discharge. Chlamydia?

Hi the last four days I've been peeing alot and normal amounts of pee coming out there's no burning sensation or discharge but now today I've noticed I'm back to peeing like I normally do could this be clymidia
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later

Chlamydia trachomatis is the causative organism for Non-Gonococcal Urethritis.
It is common in west particularly in whites but then it usually presents with white discharge(muco-purulent) and burning micturation/dysuria.

Since you just had excessive urination without any discharge, it is rare to have a chlamydia infection. Probably you just had a mild urethral smear) done or a culture to rule out gonorrhea.

You can even get a blood sugar done to rule out diabetes as frequent urination is the most common presentation in this.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries if any’.

Dr.Bharat chawda.
Follow-up: Frequent and excessive urination, no burning sensation, no discharge. Chlamydia? 11 hours later
Hi I did have unprotected sex about 9 weeks ago could it take that long for symptoms to show? And so do u think with me only having frequent urination and no other symptoms can I 100 percent rule out clymidia or gonnoreah?
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 12 hours later

Thank you for the reply,

Clinically we cannot rule out gonorrhea. If symptoms are persisting then you should go for the test for gonorrhea and then get treated accordingly.

At time we do give treatment empirically just on clinical grounds. Any macrolide or norfloxacin has good result in such cases.

Frequent urination by itself does not indicate gonorrhea. One does get burning sensation or white discharge. But since you had an unprotected sex, you should get your self completely checked especially a gram's staining to rule out gonorrhea.

Perhaps a visit to competent dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis and can help you with the grams staining as well.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Bharat chawda