For abortion took mifepristone, but no symptoms of abortion or bleeding. Is it possible with zitotec only?

Hello doctor my last period date was on march 20, in order to have an abortion i consumed mifepristone on 11.05.2013 but till now i dont have any symptoms of abortion or bleeding.Will abortion happens only when i have zitotec 200mg 2 tablets after 48hours.
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 48 minutes later

In my opinion you should never take abortion pills without the consultation of an expert doctor because sometimes it may cause profuse bleeding which may also be life threatening.

Abortion pills taken up to 49 days of delayed period and in your case it is 51 days and your dose for abortion is not appropriate.

You should have taken mifepristone tablet, and a day after that zitotec, thereafter bleeding starts.
Before taking abortion pills you should also go for an ultrasonography test to rule out ectopic pregnancy and to know exact time of pregnancy. Repeat ultrasonography after 10 of taking pills to rule out any retained product of conception.

You should immediately consult a gynecologist for your problem.

I hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa