Foggy vision after dry sauna. Causes and treatment ?

My husband is 47. He is having foggy vision after the dry sauna. We are traveling now. What should we do?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later

Dry sauna makes your skin dry and absorbs the moisture from the body. This dryness causes blurring of vision. You need to get your blood tests done to exclude type I diabetes after you come back from traveling.

These foggy vision if from the dry sauna should be relieved in few hours. You can help your husband drive else You can postpone the travel for few hours.

Meanwhile to get relief from symptoms, drink plenty of water and your husband can put artificial tear drops in his eyes which are available over the counter at all the pharmacies. These drops need to be instilled in both the eyes.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Foggy vision after dry sauna. Causes and treatment ? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your answer.
Since he went to the pool ( we are in salt lake city now, the pool is salty ) first, then steam and dry sauna.
We were told that he might be suffering from the salt in the water. What do you think?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

The salt in the water is more likely to cause irritation and watery eyes rather than a foggy vision.

Instillation of tear drops will help in both the cases.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing your husband a trouble free speedy recovery.