Ask a Urologist   »  

Foamy urine. High bilirubin levels in urine test. Diagnosed with Gilberts syndrome. Should I be worried?

foamy urine

I have been experiancing foamy urine for several months most but not all times when I urinate. It is white in colour, usually enough bubbles to cover the entire bowl but not usually any higher and doesn't seem to matter how concentrated my urine is. I've had several urine dipsticks that all appear normal. My last urinalysis was in May and it was normal. All bloodwork has always appeared normal except bilirubin which is always slightly high. (Hepatologist diagnosed Gilberts syndrome)

I am 40 year old male and I take no regular medication but I do take fish oil, vitamin d, taurine 1000mg, magnesium 400mg, coenzyme q10.

I have no other symptoms. Can you please comment. I have a full physical booked for 3 weeks from now.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

Stop worrying about the foamy urine.

All your lab tests have been normal and foamy urine can be a normal occurence. Stop worrying about it and stay reassured.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.