Fever going up and down, body aches

my fever is going up and down; the only other symptons i have is body aches its being happening for 2 to 3 days
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

From the information you have submitted I am most suspicious that you were dealing with some type of viral syndrome. the most common virus that causes this constellation of symptoms is influenza. Even if you have been vaccinated it is possible to become ill with influenza.

The mainstay of treatment for these symptoms is basically supportive care. This means plenty of rest and good hydration as well as an excellent well-balanced diet.

Your symptoms will generally improve within 48 to 72 hours. If for some reason your symptoms do not improve or if your weakness and body aches continue you may consider consulting with your response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them here.

Dr. Robert