Felt something mushy under the skin of infant forehead. What could it be?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I felt something mushy under the skin of my 19 month old's forehead. It was not a defined round lump, but rather more soft and disorganized. It is not visible.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: may be a sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, It may be 1 a sebaceous cyst which has a rubbery feel. ------ .usually painless unless infectef 2 in mid line it may be a dermoid. 3 evolving abscess( thee should be redness and tenderness around) 4 old contusion You show the baby to a pediatrician for examination and referral Good luck God bless Dr uma