Feelings of tiredness, blurring, unable to concentrate. Finished course of antibiotics. Symptoms side effects of medicines?

i have recently finished a course of antibiotics, and felt very low on them and fuzzy and wierd.
i stopped taking them on saturday, its not monday and i still feel low and like i cant concentrate?
is this normal?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later

Normally antibiotics dont have a sedative effect and definitely dont have a long lasting effect.You stopped taking them 2 days ago,but you're still experiencing drowsiness.The effect of the antibiotics shouldnt last that long. I believe that your drowsiness may be due to some other cause. Antibiotics and other drugs combined like codeine etc can have such a effect.Also antibiotics with alcohol also may cause side effects such as this. Drink plenty if water,and balance your fluid intake.

That should flush out any remnants from you system.If your drowsiness doesnt improve by another day,then you need to see your doctor again.Get your electrolytes tested.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.