Feeling weakness and numbness in half part of body. Cause for concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I will feel weakness and numbness in my left body
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for posting your query.

Numbness in left side of body can be due to a problem in the right side of brain.

Since how long do you have this symptom? Do you also have other symptoms such as weakness, imbalance, pain, etc?

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Feeling weakness and numbness in half part of body. Cause for concern? 34 minutes later
I have been feeling this problem since last night, I had Cabbage worm in my brain during 2002-2003 and after one year of medication doctor asked me to stop the medicines. Since then I was all well but yesterday I have started feeling numbness.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for getting back.
If symptoms persist, it may be useful to repeat the scan of brain to find out the reason. It may be related to the old worm.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Feeling weakness and numbness in half part of body. Cause for concern? 2 hours later
So Sir, what test would you recommend

If symptoms do not disappear in 2-3 days time, a CT scan or MRI scan of brain may be done.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)