Feeling uneasy and drowsy. Got normal UTI report. Any cure?

Urologist
Question
Doctor I am feeling uneasy, i am feeling drowsy in the mornings and in the night takes more time to get sleep. I am experiencing this for the past two weeks. I do not have burning sensation. But the UTI reports are showing normal
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Do you have any urinary symptoms now?
Pl list all the medicines you are taking now.
Kindly upload all the results, if you can, so that i can guide you better.

DR GS

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy and drowsy. Got normal UTI report. Any cure? 11 hours later
The UTI results are normal. I am still having the same symptoms as I had told u before. I took norflox 400mg for three days even after that no improvement. Today in the morning I had burning sensation while passing urine. I also took urispas after that also no improvement. Please help me to get cured from the infection. When the reports are normal I do not know how will I get cured

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome back.

If the urine culture IS STERILE, then it may be prostatitis.
Culture of fluid from semen/ expressed prostatic secretions need to be done, to check if it grows any bacteria.
Speak to your doc about the test and to consider antibiotics for one month, with a diagnosis of prostatitis in mind.
Then follow up is necessary and then further decision can be taken.

Meanwhile an ultrasound scan is necessary to look at the urinary tract for any changes.

DR GS

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy and drowsy. Got normal UTI report. Any cure? 6 days later
Doctor I did the seminal analysis test. my doctor told the report was normal

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
Hi
Welcome BACK.
Semen analysis may reveal only pus cells if at all.
If the burning in urine continues, it is better to get the semen cultured to check if there is infection.
As i had already written, antibiotics may be needed for one month for relief.
Regarding sleep and drowsiness, practice of regular yoga, exercises and short walk before bed time should help.
DR GS

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy and drowsy. Got normal UTI report. Any cure? 9 days later
Hello Doctor. I showed the semen culture report to my doctor. He told it is not necessary to take medication even if there is infection.i am sending my report to you doctor. Specimen-semen, smear report(gram stain)-Gram negative bacteria or fungal elements not seen.Gram positive cocci in clusters seen, Culture Report-Colonies of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated. Doctor please if you could prescribe the medicines for me it will be useful as my doctor did not prescribe any medicines

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 53 minutes later
Hi
Welcome back. I understand your anxiety.
Prescribing or taking medicine without coming to a reasonable conclusion is not safe.
If not done already, please consult a urologist.
You need rectal examination and other physical check up.
Then the medicine will be chosen and followup can done on a regular basis.

DR GS

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy and drowsy. Got normal UTI report. Any cure? 10 minutes later
doctor i saw in your website your clinic is in annanagar. Can i come for consultation

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 20 minutes later
You are welcome.
DR GS