Feeling restless and sweating a lot. Sigh of high BP?

Since yesterday I'm sweating a lot, can it be a sign of Hig BP. But i'm not feeling any kind of restlessness.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

Sweating is body'defence mechanism to keep the body temperature under control, in times of very high temperature sweating causes cooling and bring the body temperature down.

There are certain other conditions like anxiety, cortisone excess, hyperthyroidism, severe anemia, and other causes which increases the load on the heart,these can increase the excessive sweating.

Hypertension or high blood pressure usually do not have any sign or symptoms and sweating as the only sign of hypertension is a rare thing, though it can happen.

I will advise you to drink plenty of fluids, try to keep the temperature down and if still sweating remain excessive, it may need to be investigated including checking the blood pressure and some blood tests.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.