Feeling pain in ear,head and throat. Head hurts while lying down. What is going on?

yes i have some serious issues with my ear,head and throat.The doctors could not see anything wrong, but i know what i feel and thats pain.The pain comes ang go around my ear,under chin ,throat and in and under my ear ,i even have an aching in my head,all on the right side of my face. When i sneeze,cough,swallow and especially drink something cold, i hurt.When i lay down my head hurts and throbs badly,please help me find out whats going on,IM SCARED
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
The pain is definitely a matter of concern as it affects all your routine activities.
It would be nice if you could answer few questions, which may lead me very near to a precise diagnosis from distance.
•     How long have you had the problem?
•     Is the pain always there or does it comes and go off completely in between (as you wrote)?
•     Is it like an electric shooting pain? Is it current like?
•     Is there twitching of face muscles like lips, cheeks, eyelids with pain?
•     Is there any associated nausea, giddiness?
•     Is the sensation of touch normal around the cheeks, eyes, lips, inside the throat and taste?
•     Are you on any medications?
•     Have you been seen by an ENT expert or GP?

Actually, electric current like pain which comes on and off on one side of face, throat and headache with normal sensations otherwise is usually typical of trigeminal neuralgia. This condition occurs die to a trigger of the trigeminal nerve which emerges from the brain to supply the face and throat.
It is usually by an abnormal arterial loop around it in the brain.
Another possibility is a brain lesion / tumour at the CP angle which may present like this.
If doctors have said that everything is normal (including sinuses, ears etc.), these should be considered in the differentials.
I would be glad to answer more specifically if you could answer the questions and add details to your symptoms.
You could upload any reports, documents here using the site’s uploader below the text box.
If subsequently we are strongly suspecting neuralgia, MRI brain would be needed and a neurology consultation.
Please revert with the answers.
I hope you are fully satisfied with the guidance I gave. I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Thank you and Good luck !