Feeling off balance due to lower back injury and muscle sensation when rotate hips. Underlying cause?

I've been having an off balance feeling when I walk that I have come to believe is being caused by a lower back injury I may have sustained when I fainted 5 months ago and fell of a stool.
When I rotate my hips I feel like there is a lost of sensation or muscle imbalance, the other day when taking clothes out of the dryer it felt like my lower back/hip area was rubbery or bouncy. I also think this off balance is making my back and neck stiff.
I feel most off balance in inclosed spaces and supermarket isles.
Also, when when trying to lift up a monitor 2 days ago I had incredible pain in my lower back.
Could this be from a damaged spine or torn muscles?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Damage to spine, muscle or nerve may be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
These signs are very important. Cause could be an injury to your back as you were pointing, a muscular or more likely a nerve injury. This could also be a combination of all these.
I think you should not leave it to yourself or an online opinion. You must seek help from a Neurologist as well as an Orthopedic surgeon. They will examine you & request certain tests like X-ray or may be MRI. If necessary, your doctor will conduct nerve conduction studies also. Only then a specific diagnosis can be made and an appropriate treatment can be offered to you.
Wish you good health.