Feeling numb in right hand little finger and ring finger. What can be done?

Nov 2013

My husband has a real problem his right hand little finger and ring finger has been num for awhile now his left hand has got the same problem
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your husband's symptoms suggest a diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy, a disease of nerves of hands and feet. This results in numbness, and in some occasions, tingling and weakness. The common underlying causes for this problem include diabetes mellitus, wrist, ankle, etc.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by nerve conduction studies (NCV, EMG). Please consult a neurologist for the same.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist