Feeling nauseous, light headed, blurry and getting bad tunnel vision, almost passed out. Weak and shaky. What does it indicate?

randomly passing out21 year old female 5'2" 120lbs not on any medication, occasionally smoke cigarettes, but regularly smoke marijuana.
its happened 2 times before within 2 years, but last night i started feeling nauseous and got light headed and thought I needed to throw up (we had been drinking a bit and smoking a blunt) so I got go to the bathroom and everything was really blurry and I was getting bad tunnel vision and I passed out. I don't remember it, but was told I Was out for like 15 seconds, but hit my forehead pretty hard when I fell. when I woke up I was really weak and shaky, and was told my color was gone in my face, returning slowly as I gained strength. what could have happened? and should I schedule an apt with my doc?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 34 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description you have given there a couple of possibilities that can be present:
1) Hypoglycemia : a state where there is a shortage of blood glucose. Possible when you are starving. Leads to tunnel vision and giddiness.
2) Hypovolemia: A state where you are dehydrated and sufficient blood doesnt reach your brain.
3) Abscence seizures: A type of epilepsy. Occurs suddenly and stays for 10-15 sec. Complete amnesia for the event.
You will basically have to get an EEG done to rule out the last possibility which is worrisome but luckily least likely.
The other two are more common and would require to you to hydrate yourself well and eat good amount of food.
Also consider stopping marijuana as there are plenty of problems with its use and there are plenty of better things to do in the world other then the weed.
You can schedule an appointment with a neurologist and when planning to leave marijuana get an appointment with a psychiatrist.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.