Feeling nauseated, not able to sleep. Stress?

I am in Korea and can could not sleep last night felt like throwing up and couldnt i had to pock and that help a bit but still feel the same way cant sleep i need to get better for meeting in 3 hour
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It seems that you are under stress and the anxiety is responsible for the symptoms you are having. In such a stressful situation, sleeping is difficult without the help of medicines but almost all of them will give you a prolonged effect with a possible hangover.
In addition to the medicines, here are some of the other treatment options which you can follow:
1) Breathe slowly through the nose and talk to your family and friends.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.
In drug treatment two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines are used and for long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect and behaviour therapy also takes weeks to show its effect. All these treatment need to be taken under supervision of psychiatrist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.