Feeling headache, nausea, fatigue, tired, weak and light headed. On pristiq. What is causing this?

Jan 2013

Hi, for the past week I have been having severe headaches, nausea, fatigue, tired, exhausted, week and light headed. I don’t know what the cause is, I don’t believe im diabetic as last year I was tested and I was clear. I’m on an anti-depressant called pristiq which I have been on for almost 2 years. I’m only on 50mg so my doctor said to increase my dose but that hasn’t helped the symptoms go away, can you help me please? Should I change my medication?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 51 minutes later
Nausea is the most common side effects of Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine). Other mentioned your symptoms may due to its side effects.
You should go for other SSRIs and should stop Pristiq only after consultation with psychiatrist.
You mentioned symptoms are not due to diabetes and you should also go for bllod sugar for confirmation.
I thinks this will solve your query.
Put your query if you have.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava