Feeling hardness on breast. Heart was racing. Feeling soreness. What can this be?

last evening i had just finished doing some meditation (online), i fell asleep. when i woke up i experienced an unusual event over the top of my left breast...kinda hard to explain, it felt like there was something in there moving around and bursting, several different ones rolling and moving around bursting like balloons i was waiting for something to pop out of my breast. it was that intense. my heart was racing, but yet there was no pain. i am sore today in that area but the soreness feels like it went straight through me to my back this morning. am i crazy or what? can you help me?
have a nice day XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

If I am your treating doctor, I would examine the chest region for specific areas of pain including the back. If you have not felt this way before your meditation, and have seemed to realize the shifting of soreness now from breast region to the back - then check if you really need help with OTC painkiller medications to see that your back pain is relieved.

I do understand that your other reported feelings of balloon bursting and heart racing may be relevant to extreme pain sometimes, but you have to observe if these are recurring with your back pain now.

Another real possibility with meditation is - people have varied experiences associated, and you may be perfectly normal. But, I would suggest you to relax and get a doctor's visit only if this back pain is continuing from now on and not getting relieved by OTC painkillers.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.