Feeling fainting, blood pressure 108/94. Suggestions

I have not been sleeping well for the last two weeks, woke up this morning ,felt odd check blood pressure 108 over 94 with 156 pulse, felt faint all day, still have 156 pulse
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tachycardia needs workup as HHD history Detailed Answer: Hello there XXXXXX I read you query and it appears you have faster heart rate / tachycardia. It should be between 60 and 100. As you already have a hypertensive heart disease (HHD), and you are not at a young age group level, I would strongly recommend seeing the cardiologist to assess the tachycardia. An ECG (Electrocardiogram) would be a good start followed by the investigations your doctor desire to assess the status. You just need to visit ER. In addition, you need to have a psychiatric evaluation for your sleep troubles for 2 weeks. I am sure this insomnia can explain the bad feelings and tachycardia too. Mean while you can take some selective Beta-blockers like carvedilol, Bisoprolol or propanolol to fight tachycardia. Control your Hypertension, take regular medications, reduce weight, exercise, modify life style and diet, Avoid stress alcohol and smoking, sleep regular and Make all Healthy lifestyle adaptation which will help you with the disease combat. Hope I was of some help. If you have any more queries, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. I wish you very good luck and take some very good care of yourself Regards Dr S Khan