Feeling dizzy, tingling in legs and fingers and weakness. What could be the cause?

Excellent

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
6 days ago i woke up with tingling in right hand. 5 days ago this just went to finger tips on right hand. 4 days ago went to fingers tips in both hands. Then 3 days ago started to feel light headed but this went away but for the last two days i feel lightheaded/dizzy. I don't have tingling in fingers anymore but still feel lightheaded and slight tingling in legs now and again. Legs sometimes feel slightly weaker. I'm 31 male good health and no family history of ms
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: numbness Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY . I have gone through your medical history in detail. Tingling & numbness progressive into hands & legs along with light headedness & dizziness may be due to many reasons . May i suggest you 1. To check your BLOOD SUGAR / SERUM SODIUM POTASSIUM levels . occasionally these can also produce these symptoms 2 Take some MULTIVITAMINS/ METHYLCOBALAMINE for symptomatic relief . 3 Check your anxiety levels . you may try some anxiolytic medications . 4. If it still persists,get your MRI BRAIN + CERVICAL SPINE to rule out any lesions . if you have no family history of MS ,even then rule out these lesions on MRI . 5. If some lesions are seen , get your complete eye check up to rule out any lesions in eye . 6 Get your complete neurological check up if symptoms persist, or increase . THANX HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUERRY DR XXXXXXX K XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, tingling in legs and fingers and weakness. What could be the cause? 13 minutes later
Thanks, i have an ingrown toe which is infected and pus has been coming out, i had flucoxacilin from dr but seems infection is back, could this cause this feeling ? I know you cant say for certain but what chance do u think ms ? I'm worried Also my left eye feels slightly uncomftable. No double vision and i can see but just doesn't feel quite right

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 3 hours later
Brief Answer: NUMBNESS Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO INGROWING infected toe nail is not directly related with numbness. But you should get proper treatment for this . Please check your blood sugar as ingrowing toe nail & numbness both are common in diabetics . For ruling out MS as a cause of numbness & visual changes , get your investigations & thorough eye/ neurological examination & be tension free if there are no lesions. Chances of getting MS in general population without family history ,is very very low. But it varies from country to country . Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, tingling in legs and fingers and weakness. What could be the cause? 2 days later
My calfs keep twitching when i relax, have been for about two days. Is this a symptom of ms ? Or more likely motor nuero disease.

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 13 hours later
Brief Answer: NUMBNESS Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO MY BEST WISHES FOR YOU. Isolated cramps /twitching in calves doesn,t seem to be a symptom of MS/MND. Do check your SERUM SODIUM/SERUM POTASSIUM , as hypokalemia can also be a cause for cramps . Consume more citrous fruits . which contain high potassium Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX