Feeling dizzy, sensitive and have motion sickness. How to get rid of it?

Hi there I feel so crap.
For about a week now I have had a head spin almost like motion sickness constantly through my whole body
I threw up today and still feel shit I have had two sandwiches just 20 minutes ago and feel no better
Also my nipples are so sensitive I can feel them rubbing in my bra and all
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     23 year old female
•     Known case of BPD and PTSD
•     Complaints of: dizziness and sensitiveness.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Vitamin deficiency, dehydration and weakness may lead to such symptoms
•     Anxiety disorder: need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. History of PTSD and BPD also increases chances of anxiety disorder.
•     Side effect of substance use (if present)
•     Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): If it is occurring in specific position.

Let me know duration and frequency of your problem to help you better.

Please tell me about presence of following symptoms (if present): nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, sensitive and have motion sickness. How to get rid of it? 18 hours later
I'm not taking any medication I was taking 40 mil of citalipram and 5 mil of seriquil but I stopped taking them maybe 2 weeks ago it was my choice as my doctors said it probably had no affect anyway

I have been drinking loads trying to eat small amounts and I am very weak I can hardly hold up my own body while walking
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 40 minutes later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

When one drug is not effective for psychological problem, then it is better to switch to other medicine.

Usually psychotropic medicines take 3-4 weeks to show effect on start of treatment or on dose increment of existing medicines.

Sudden stoppage of citalopram may lead to withdrawal symptoms, like in your case. So, it should be tapered slowly under physician supervision. Apart from that recurrence of anxiety or rebound anxiety also explain your symptoms.

So, in current situation it is better to XXXXXXX your physician and start treatment for PTSD/anxiety.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.