Feeling dizzy and sweating. Overweight. Blood pressure 150 over 97 with heart rate of 59. Suggest

Mar 2013
My blood pressure is 150 over 97 with heart rate of 59. I'm slightly dizzy and sweating a little heavy for being in a 70 degree house. I'm 31 6'-1" 263lbs so I am over weight
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 49 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
If you are not a regular hypertensive on medication you are definitely having high blood pressure right now, alongwith bradycardia ( reduced heart rate ).
Please visit the ER, particularly as you are sweating, and this could indicate a cardiac condition.
A panic attack or stress also could cause this, but it merits an emergency evaluation.
All the best.