Feeling difficulty in balancing. Scared of falling and fainting. Guide

Spine Surgeon
Question
I have been having weird things happen in regards to balance. When I stand my legs buckle and I feel like I'm going to fall, or I'm standing having a smoke and my body will shake like Iv been electrocuted. Even when sitting down I feel as though I'm going to blank out or my head spins. I'm finding it hard to walk In public because I feel that everyone can tell somrthings wrong and I'm also scared of falling or fainting. Its not sponnig its more like il be walking the. Someone grabs me legs like there about to give way hard to explain
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
There are many reasons which can cause Feeling of imbalance. It could be due to brain or spinal cord related problems.
Do you tend to fall due to imbalance? Can you stand straight with closed eyes? Any feeling of numbness, tightness or tingling in legs? Any neck pain or upper back pain? Checked your blood pressure and sugar?
Please consult a physician to get a thorough exam to rule out commoner cause. If it come to brain or spine then you may need to get MRI brain and spine. Thanks.

Follow-up: Feeling difficulty in balancing. Scared of falling and fainting. Guide 1 hour later
I can stand eyes closed straight. I have no pain or tightness thats y im freaking out. Iv played rugby league all my life. I dont understand why this is happening

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 minutes later
I would suggest to get a thorough exam from physician. Have you done any investigation? Please upload if you have any. Thanks.

Follow-up: Feeling difficulty in balancing. Scared of falling and fainting. Guide 3 minutes later
No i have bee to scared to hear the results. I have been under alot of steess lately and am not getting enough sleep could that be a contributor

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 5 hours later
It could be related to stress however any serious cause should be ruled out. Thanks.