Feel pain in my epididymis. Ultrasound showed spermatocele, small cysts and hydrocele. Why pain after ejaculation?

Epididymitis. I feel pain in my epididymis, but my blood and urine test are free of STD's or UTI, ultrasound showed Spermatocele some small cysts and hydrocele. Prostate exam was normal. No pain urinating, no fever, penile discharge. I have pain after ejeculation. The doctor put me on Cipro 500mg BID for 7 days. Age 43, in good health. My pain started six moths ago, after the first round of Cipro flank pain resolved and epididymis pain remain a 3 on scale of 10.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 35 minutes later

Epididymitis is usually an irritation in the epididymis, whether it is chemical or infective it depends on etiology.

You may have had epididymitis but it shall not persist for 6 months. However, you may still be experiencing small recurrent chemical epididymitis due to high pressure voiding. I usually start my patients on alpha blockers and they do well. Please discuss about this with your treating doctor. These are all prescription medicines.

In a large group of patients spermatocele may cause pain and the solution is surgery. However, surgery is offered only if quality of life is affected by pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Feel pain in my epididymis. Ultrasound showed spermatocele, small cysts and hydrocele. Why pain after ejaculation? 1 hour later
I thought Alpha Blockers like (flomax) are for patients who suffer from prostatitis, BPH with trouble urinating. My prostate is fine and I don't have Hesitancy.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Recurrent epididymitis may be seen in patients who have high pressure voiding. Patients don't have any symptoms per se but still generate lot of pressure to void. Such patients are helped a lot by Flomax. Please do discuss about this with your urologist and it helps, Try it !!!