Feel like heart pounding when I go to sleep. Blood pressure is 118/101. What to do?

My heart rate is normal all day 80 bpm and when I'm ready to go to sleep it goes to 60 bpm my ? Is lately when I lay down or sit its seems like I can fell my heart pound and when I check it it fells like each beats pounds hard my bp 118/101
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Happens in heart disease,high thyroid and anxiety

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms that you described can happen in organic heart disease, high thyroid status and anxiety states. The BP recorded was too high to recommend a good evaluation by Cardiologist.

So I suggest you to XXXXXXX a Cardiologist for evaluation for a screening ECG. IF it is normal then you should check for thyroid status and anxiety state.

Hope this helps.