Fatigue,numbness in legs,tingling sensation

HI, I am 29 years old and i started feeling a strange wavy feeling in both my legs while sitting of lying down. It seems as though my legs are floating. What could this be and how can it be treated. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 30 minutes later

This feeling of wavy feeling in legs - as if they are floating can be due to numbness in legs. It can be due to parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

Parasthesia can occur due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition. Other causes are motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.