Ask a Dentist   »  

Falling of chips from tooth. Could thyroid be a reason of this and what is the treatment?

Dentist, Pedodontics
Hi there.

I am stopping ESA and was informing them my last date would be the 12th August as my situation will change tomorrow. The thing is today I had a chip in my tooth fall out. Do I need to get a Doctors Note just for one day to extend ESA or does the NHS have any kind of buffer of a day or two.

Also how long can you leave a chip in the front tooth and is it OK to fly if I just had one done?
I wont be earning any money, I am just to move in with my boyfriend.
Additionally, what are the reasons a filling keeps falling out.

i do have some general unexplained problems they believe may be something like MS
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 16 hours later
Thanks for the query. Well, You have used too much abbreviation and that is difficult to understand. I do not understand 'ESA'. As an Indian I have not much idea about NHS rules and regulations. If you can extend your service period for couple of days, then it will be fine. The main problem that you have is falling of chips from your tooth. If your tooth in a good condition then falling of chip is unexpected. If the tooth is brittle because of some congenital conditions then by this age you should have lost most part of your teeth. So that is not also true.Thyroid problems does not cause any tooth weakness and I should not assume what you mean by 'MS'. Any way, whatever the cause that results in chipping out of tooth, it can be repaired within 20 minutes, at least for the time being, by using a material called Composite resin . Your tooth will look absolutely natural if it is done by an expert hand. For that, you have to extend your NHS service period for a day and contact a local dentist who can repair it immediately.
Hope I have clarified your queries. Thank you.