Fall down from stage. Have swelling when sit or stand for long time. Is everything okay?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell off a stage and jammed the inner part of my right knee against the edge of the stage. I can walk fine ( with some soreness) but there is still soreness after 11 days and my ankle swells when I stand of sit for a long time. The fall was on XXXXXXX 1st. Now is XXXXXXX 11th.
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

I am Dr.Saurabh Gupta and I am pleased to answer your query.

If you are able to bear the weight on your limb without much pain then a bone injury is unlikely.It might be ligament injury.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Beside limb elevation, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.