Faint line seen on HPT. Took meprate, no period. How to avoid pregnancy?

Dec 2012

I had my periods on 28th dec after that I did not have them, I am doubting to be pregnant I had meprate 10 mg for 5 days it is the 6th day I stll did nt get my period pls help can't afford a child may I have some medicine? I also done I can pregnancy test nt able to read it as Line';c" was dark red and line "t" was lightest red pls advice
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 16 minutes later

From your description you might be having just an irregular cycle known as polymenorrhea which will require some specific pills and you exercising a lot of patience for your cycle to become regular again. Given your period cycle of 45 days last year, it is most likely that you are not pregnant. But yet, the best way of being sure that pregnancy is not the cause of your absence period is by conducting a pregnancy test. If you are having a blurred line on test side, then it is better you repeat the test after two days if possible you get early morning urine which must have concentrated enough beta hCG i.e if you were indeed pregnant before the test can read properly (negative or positive). Ones pregnancy is ruled out, you can continue taking meprate which is a progesterone derivative which is rightly indicated for your condition.
So XXXXXXX do give yourself some time regulate your cycle ones more as hormonal imbalance can be very troublesome and requires a lot of patience.

Hope this could help you and let me know if you need further assistance

Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Faint line seen on HPT. Took meprate, no period. How to avoid pregnancy? 9 hours later
Thank you for the information. I will try the test again. Would like to know of it turns to be positive which medicine should I go for carefree side effects. Also, if I start meprate again what should be the process is it 2 tablet a day morning and night? Please help with more clarity .....
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 52 minutes later

Medicines will depend on what we are treating. If there is any associated diseases condition to the pregnancy then it will be treated by a gynobs. If you are pregnant and wish to protect your pregnancy then another hormone derivative could be prescribed at your doctor's discretion (personally I do not prescribe except for situations of threatened miscarriage).
Dosage of meprate 10mg I prefer to allow at the discretion of your treating doctor. Normally it is taken 10mg twice daily for about 5 days. Doctor can choose to place you on 10 mg x 3 daily for 3 months. I suggest you do a transvaginal ultrasound and pelvic ultrasound ( finding the cause of irregular menses).

Hope this was helpful
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr Nsah